Welcome to FIRST Chesapeake
FIRST Chesapeake uses robots as the vehicle to bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)-based leadership enrichment programs and competitions to youth in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
Our mission is to:
- Inspire youth to become science & technology leaders by engaging them in robotics programs that build STEM skills
- Promote the spirit of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Foster valuable life skills such as leadership, teamwork, and creative thinking
- Help young people acquire the knowledge and skills needed to compete in our technology-driven global economy
- Encourage students to pursue STEM-based academics and future careers.
FIRST Chesapeake operates under the umbrella of VirginiaFIRST, a registered 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1999. Our programs directly impact 7,000+ middle and high school students. Each year, 60,000+ individuals attend 20+ robotics competitions in the FIRST Chesapeake District. FIRST Chesapeake also works closely with our local FIRST partners to bring a seamless progression of Pre-K-12 STEM-based programs to youth in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
See what a FIRST Chesapeake competition is like and hear from our teams and volunteers.
Thank you for tuning in to the 2022-2023 FIRST Chesapeake Chats on our Twitch channel.
Click the logo to visit our archive of previous sessions, and watch for new sessions in the fall.