What is a FIRST Chesapeake Alumnus?
A FIRST Chesapeake Alumnus is anyone that graduated from a FIRST Program in the District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia. A FIRST Chesapeake alumnus can also be a FIRST Alumnus that has moved to the District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia and wants to be a part of the alumni association.
The goal of the FIRST Chesapeake Alumni Association is to help our alumni connect with other FIRST alumni, FIRST teams and students, as well as give them the tools to succeed in today’s global economy.
FIRST Chesapeake Alumni are eligible to receive invitations to alumni events, information about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities, and job and internship postings.
Interested in volunteering, mentoring, or planning an alumni social in your area?
Please register with the Alumni Association and tell us so!
Volunteer Opportunities – Create an account with FIRST
Check out employment and internship opportunities with FIRST Chesapeake sponsors here.
Be sure to sign up as an alumni so you will receive invitations to future events.
Keep any eye on this page and our FIRST Chesapeake Alumni Facebook Group for upcoming events and opportunities.
- connect with other FIRST alumni across the region;
- gain unique professional networking opportunities with FIRST supporters;
- receive training in FIRST volunteer leadership
positions such as judging (21 and older), refereeing, FTA, robot inspector, etc.
- give back to the FIRST community.
- a new generation of technical and trained competition volunteers (graduated from high school within the past ten years);
- models of Coopertition® and Gracious Professionalism®;
- mentors and volunteers who support FIRST Chesapeake teams, especially new teams and teams in high-need areas;
- advocates who can explain FIRST and speak to its impact at community events.