- What are hybrid events? A hybrid event is part remote event (Judging) and part traditional (matches). Teams use the remote events manual for the judging process and the traditional events manual for match play. The number of teams at an event and the number of team members allowed per team will be based on local health numbers. Please refer to the COVID Matrix for the most up to date information. Minimal essential staff and volunteers will work the event. The schedule allows for time between cohorts for a deep cleaning using a non-toxic disinfectant fogger. For more information on safety procedures, click here. The awards ceremony will be held online on Tuesday evenings.
- 2021 COVID Safety Plan
- Inclement weather hotline number
- In case of inclement weather the day of a FIRST Chesapeake event, please call 804.464.8945 after 5am for updates
- How to share press about my team
- Email news articles to
- Message or tag @FIRSTChesapeake on Facebook
- Tag @FIRSTChesapeake on Twitter
- How to start a team
- Pass-Through Grants
- FIRST Chesapeake is a charitable foundation under IRS Code 501(c)(3). From time to time, we have been asked to pass-through grants to local teams to reimburse them for expenses incurred. Please click the link below to view the criteria for potential pass through transactions. FIRST Chesapeake cannot provide tax advice and encourages the recipient to consult their accountant regarding the proper declaration of monies received as income when reviewing this agreement.
- Pass-through agreement and W-9
In case of Inclement Weather the day of
a FIRST Chesapeake Event,
Please call 804.464.8945
after 5am for updates