The FIRST Chesapeake Alumni Ambassador Program is back with team grants and expanded opportunities to volunteer virtually–an exclusive opportunity for FIRST Alumni!
FIRST Chesapeake represents the FTC and FRC community in DC, Maryland, and Virginia and highly values the contributions of FIRST alumni as volunteers, mentors, and community advocates. In 2020, FIRST Chesapeake launched a new program that gave FIRST alumni opportunities to:
- 1) connect with other FIRST alumni across the region;
- 2) gain unique professional networking opportunities with FIRST supporters; and
- 3) give back to the FIRST community.
Who are Alumni Ambassadors?
FIRST Chesapeake Alumni Ambassadors are:
- a new generation of technical and trained competition volunteers (graduated from high school within the past ten years);
- models of Coopertition® and Gracious Professionalism®;
- mentors and volunteers who support FIRST Chesapeake teams, especially new teams and teams in high-need areas;
- advocates who can explain FIRST and speak to its impact at community events.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2021 FIRST Chesapeake Alumni Ambassadors cohort. The application deadline is December 7th. Eligibility and program details are included below and on the Alumni Ambassador Program application.
Thanks to the generosity of Booz Allen Hamilton, we have this opportunity to highlight the contributions of FIRST alumni, while ensuring we have a cohort of experienced, committed alumni volunteers to support the next generation of FIRST teams. The 2021 cohort of Alumni Ambassadors, selected in December 2020, will be given the necessary training to assume more complex volunteer roles at District events, be publicly acknowledged for their role as FIRST alumni representatives, and will be eligible for grants of $1,000 to the FIRST team or program of their choice.
Completed application submitted by December 7, 2020.
Ambassadors must be an FTC or FRC alumnus who has graduated from high school in the past ten years.
Ambassadors can be either:
- FIRST Chesapeake alumni- even if you go to university/college out of state (you can meet qualifications virtually)
- FIRST Alumni who participated in a FIRST team anywhere, but to be eligible to serve as a FIRST Chesapeake Alumni Ambassador, participants must reside in DC, Maryland, or Virginia.
Alumni Ambassador application deadline:
December 7, 2020, 5:00PM *updated*
Selected Ambassadors will be notified by December 11, 2020.
Upon completion of the Ambassador Program, $1,000 grants will be awarded to the FIRST team chosen by the Alumni Ambassador.
Contact Sandy Furman at firstname.lastname@example.org