What is a FIRST Chesapeake Alumnus?
A FIRST Chesapeake Alumnus is anyone that graduated from a FIRST Program in the District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia. A FIRST Chesapeake alumnus can also be a FIRST Alumnus that has moved to the District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia and wants to be a part of the alumni association.
The goal of the FIRST Chesapeake Alumni Association is to help our alumni connect with other FIRST alumni, FIRST teams and students, as well as give them the tools to succeed in today’s global economy.
FIRST Chesapeake Alumni are eligible to receive invitations to alumni events, information about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities, and job and internship postings.
Interested in volunteering, mentoring, or planning an alumni social in your area? Please register with the alumni association and tell us so!
Check out employment and internship opportunities with FIRST Chesapeake sponsors here.
Be sure to sign up as an alumni so you will receive invitations to future events.
Keep any eye on this page and our Facebook Group for upcoming events and opportunities.
The FIRST Chesapeake Alumni Ambassador Program Sponsored by
Booz Allen Hamilton will be back for 2022 with team grants and expanded opportunities to volunteer
--an exclusive opportunity for FIRST Alumni!
FIRST Chesapeake represents the FIRST FTC and FRC community in DC, Maryland, and Virginia and highly values the contributions of FIRST alumni as volunteers, mentors, and community advocates. In 2020, FIRST Chesapeake launched a new program that gave FIRST alumni opportunities to:
- connect with other FIRST alumni across the region;
- gain unique professional networking opportunities with FIRST supporters;
- receive training in FIRST volunteer leadership positions such as judging (21 and older), refereeing, FTA, robot inspector, etc.
- give back to the FIRST community.
Who are Alumni Ambassadors?
FIRST Chesapeake Alumni Ambassadors are:
- a new generation of technical and trained competition volunteers (graduated from high school within the past ten years);
- models of Coopertition® and Gracious Professionalism®;
- mentors and volunteers who support FIRST Chesapeake teams, especially new teams and teams in high-need areas;
- advocates who can explain FIRST and speak to its impact at community events.
Thanks to the generosity of Booz Allen Hamilton, we have this opportunity to highlight the contributions of FIRST alumni, while ensuring we have a cohort of experienced, committed alumni volunteers to support the next generation of FIRST teams. The 2022 cohort of Alumni Ambassadors will be selected in late October 2021, and will be given the necessary training to assume more complex volunteer roles, be publicly acknowledged for their role as FIRST alumni representatives, and will be eligible for grants of $1,000 to the FIRST team or program of their choice.
In addition to the two mandatory volunteer service requirements, Alumni Ambassadors will also receive complimentary meals and lodging at the FIRST Chesapeake District Championship Sponsored by Newport News Shipbuilding, April 7th-9th, 2022, as compensation for their volunteer work at this event.
~Meet the 2021 Alumni Ambassador Cohort here.~