1) FTC drivers meeting will be held every Thursday at 7pm via a Chesapeake Chat. At the first meeting on 1/21 we will update teams on match play as well as how to use the remote scoring system. FIRST Chesapeake Chats Sponsored by Newport News Shipbuilding are broadcast on https://www.twitch.tv/firstchesapeake/ .
2) We had stated that all matches would start with 4 rings. After your feedback the head refs decided to revert back to the manual for match play. This includes both hybrid and remote match play. Tune into the Chat tomorrow evening at 7pm to hear more and ask your questions. Thanks for your feedback.
3) FTC Remote Play event 1 & 2 both include remote judging and awards. The events run Monday through Sunday. Anytime during that week, teams complete and score 6 matches using https://ftc-scoring.firstinspires.org/ Teams will be judged on Saturday morning between 8-12. The team judging schedule will be made available online prior to the event at https://events.firstchesapeake.org/
4) Deans List and Awards. All FTC or FRC registered teams can compete for Dean's list and awards even if they don't do any robot play. The deadlines are different between programs.
- For FTC, nominations have to be made on the 15th of the month prior to competitions. So for a Feb event, nominations needed to be made by Jan 15th.
- For FRC all Dean's List nominations are due by 2/28/21.
Published: 21 January 2021