Maryland Robotics Association will be holding their 2nd Annual Mentor Seminars on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at USRA, 7178 Columbia Gateway Dr, Columbia, MD 21046, from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
The event is intended primarily for FIRST Robotics Competition mentors from Maryland teams, but registration will be open to all comers.
- Join mentors from across the Chesapeake District - meet new and old friends, share some of the excitement of our competition season and Worlds, learn more about FRC, share your experience an insights and help strengthen the network and resources for our teams.
- Start with .... Continental Breakfast catered by la Madeleine French Bakery & Café; meet and greet your fellow mentors and event staff. Move to ....
- Panel Discussion: "Lessons Learned" or "What I Wish I Had Known" followed by ....
- Small Group Discussions: 25-minute small group discussions (limited to 10), that will be repeated 3 times for different groups. There will be a variety of topics and you can join three. The list includes:
- Alumni engagement
- FMS/Control System
- Team Culture
- New Mentors Roundtable
- Student / Mentor Balance
- The new build season (no Stop Build Day)
- Robot inspection
- Scouting & strategy
- Improve Collaboration among the Maryland Mentor Community
- Team Branding
- Note: immediately following the seminars, the MRA will have a BoB Battle-O-Baltimore (off season) planning meeting at nearby Houlihan’s Restaurant [https://bit.ly/2GXSDFY]. You’re welcome to attend and participate, listen, or just hang out with your peers. Food and drinks are a personal option.
Published: 16 May 2019