Do you have some free time and are interested in sharing your FIRST experience with middle school students? If so, then why not join FIRST Chesapeake and NextUp RVA in their sixth year of bringing engaging and rewarding after school robotics programs to young people in Richmond? Because of the dramatic growth in program requests this upcoming semester, we are in need of additional instructors for in-person after school FIRST Tech Challenge and GEARED Up programs. No experience is required.
Here are the details:
- Classroom hours are 1.5 hours of on-site instruction per session.
- Additional compensation of 1 hour for every hour of on-site work is included for necessary planning and training.
- Sessions will take place in different Richmond City middle schools, Monday-Thursday, tentatively between the hours of 3pm and 5:30pm.
- Instructors may choose to teach as few as 2 sessions a week or as many as 5. FTC experience is desired by not required.
- Contracts are for a minimum of 12 weeks between January and March 27th. Opportunity to extend contracts for an additional 12 weeks and beyond are available.
- Must be 18 years or older and provide own transportation.
- Compensation $25/hour.
Interested in learning more? Contact FIRST Chesapeake Executive Director, Leighann Boland, today and help make a difference in Richmond City Public Schools.
In case of Inclement Weather the day of
a FIRST Chesapeake Event,
Please call (804) 404-6653
after 5am for updates