FIRST Chesapeake Chats Sponsored by Newport News Shipbuilding
Schedule: updates will be posted as soon as new sessions are scheduled
- Thursday, November 5th, 6:00pm - Today's Women in STEM Series Sponsored by Leidos. "Cool Jobs: Discussion with Canon Virginia Employees - Presented by Canon Virginia." Hear what inspired them to explore the engineering field and what challenges they have faced as female engineers.
- Featuring Belinda Donavant, Sr. Director of Product Engineering; Linda "Lynn" Miller, Sr. Engineer, Advanced Continuous Improvement; Angie Coulton, Engineering Systems Specialist III, Product Engineering; and Cynthia Popernack, Sr. Engineer, Advanced Continuous Improvement.
- Thursday, November 5th, 6:30pm - "Meet the FTC Head Referees." FIRST Chesapeake Head Refs will discuss what referees do and answer questions about the upcoming season.
- Thursday, November 19th, 6:00pm - "Learn Something New! A Panel Discussion About FTC Chassis Selection."
- Thursday, November 19th, 6:30pm - "Learn Something New! Helpful Advice To Help You Conduct FTC Robot Self Inspections." See what FIRST Tech Challenge teams need to do before events to ensure their robots are ready to compete.
Archive of Past Chats
- Thursday, April 2nd, 3:30pm - "Storytime: Meet the Head Ref Sponsored by Leidos." Hosted by Ron Therrien, FIRST Chesapeake Programs Director. Veteran FIRST Chesapeake Head Ref Steve Shade will answer questions about what it's like to be a head ref, why he loves it, what he does as a paid job, and more. NOTE: Steve cannot discuss specific questions or rehash rules from past calls or talk about specific teams or situations.
- Thursday, October 15th, 6:00pm - "FRC Update." Session will include FIRST Robotics Competition team registration, grants, event dates, and event safety.
- Thursday, October 15th, 6:30pm - "FTC Update." Session will include FIRST Tech Challenge team registration, grants, event dates, and event safety.
Thank you to our Sponsors who have made these Chats possible.